23 January 2013

Aim of Life

A person who is 70+ shared his life experiences that he had been “an Eeyore not a Tigger; a pessimist, not an optimist; an aimless grasshopper, not a purposeful ant; a dreamer, not a doer; a nomad, not a settler; a voyager, not an adventurer; a spectator, not an actor, player or participant.”
- Lines from David Brooks' article in NYTimes.com.

Sometimes I try to behave like an object. I keep searching for the purpose of my life but I never get that. I have found myself standing like an idiot who does not know what to do next.
But whenever I caught a beam of light I followed it, and learn new things and tried to collect all the bonanzas out of it, including happiness.
Then I discovered probably the aim of my life is to be happy and making others happy.. but i want more, something bigger.. I really don't know what exactly it is, but beyond doubt I'll reach there and grab it.. ;)
I don't want to end up like a dreamer, now I'll focus on how to become a doer.. I have achieved just few things in life, although they seems nothing to me at the moment, but better is that for convincing myself to be a doer I have to remember all minute things too :p You know repeating "I can do it" has a powerful impact for boosting up your abilities... :)
I'm not gonna give up easily, I'll be a fighter (won't kick someone's ass :p ) because it's illuminating all around me, except in load-shedding hours..
So I have written a lot here, now I gotta go but don't forget to give me your feedback k aapke ghar mei light jati hai ya nhi?


link: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/29/opinion/brooks-the-life-reports-ii.html?src=tp&smid=fb-share&_r=0

2 comments:

  1. Identity is a thing which decides what we've to do. We cannot decide and we should not try to decide what we have to do because its already decided by HIM, the IDENTIFIER.
    Our identity is Muslim. So, Muslims will do whatever decides by Allah and Allah has already decided their Aim of Life in Surah Al-Zariyaat
    وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنْسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُونِ ﴿51:56﴾
    (51:56) I created the jinn and humans for nothing else but that they may serve Me
    Translation: Humne nahi peda kiya Jinnon aur Insanon ko mager isliye k wo Humari ibadat karein...

    So, there is the Aim. Every aim has an approach for results, and Muslims believe that they will get the results in Aakhirah.
    Be a doer for HIM, think what have you done for HIM?
    have a purposeful life, think why HE created you?
    Dreams? dream about Khilafah, dream about Shahadah, dream about Jannah.
    Settler? Think how much NABI KAREEM SAW was settled while leaving this world and for what HE was settling for?
    Be a player for Islam and participate in Islamic Revolutionary activities to bring up the Khilafah.
    Jaza Kallah!

    ReplyDelete